I finished the knitting on my Color Affection today, I wet blocked it and now it’s drying. I couldn’t wait to show some first pictures but more will follow.
I’ve never made a project where the blocking was as essential as on this one.
Actually, I think I should have used a more stretchy stitch for the inside edge as apparently many others did. In order to get it right, I decided to give it some severe blocking.
Here is how I did the blocking, which is what I normally do for lace and shawl projects.
I first soaked it for about 25 minutes in luke water. Then I gently pressed it without twisting and rolled it in a towel to absorb the excess water.
Then I flattened it on a mat and blocked it using blocking wire and T-pins. I used ultra fine blocking wire for the curved edge.
It’s always so much worth the effort!