Here are my 2015 goals on the knitting front. It’s not a lot but I want it to be realistic, right?
1. Produce more small projects like socks, hats, slippers – check!!!
2. Practice my spinning and take an advanced workshop;
3. Try more dyeing;
4. Do more gift knitting and prepare for some Christmas knitting;
5. Keep my stash under control and only add what I take out. Right, I never said I would diminish my stash 🙂
6. Think more about the wearability of my projects. In order to reach that I would like to make less shawls (I tend not to wear them) and I will try to stay true to my preferred color palette of blue, grey, golds and a tiny bit of red.
Wow, it seems like I’ve already fulfilled my first goal with this great pair of slippers. I think the Christmas knitting could be a bit of a struggle, but goals need to be challenging so I’ll leave it in.
It’s so rewarding to make projects you can finish in a day or two.
Very often it are also the ideal projects for using up some of your leftovers. My slippers were made with Lopi leftovers from my nordic sweater.
These slippers were so much fun to make. It’s a free download and you can find it here.